Friday, November 24, 2006

Jazz Goes To Campus


Day/Date: Sunday/November 19, 2006

Location: Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia

Hour: 11 am – 12 am

Cozy Stage

- FEUI Band

- Third Champion

- Tripp!

- Vivo Feat. Vonny Sumlang

- Balawan Feat. Adi Dharmawan & Dion Subiakto

- Anugrah Aditya

- Bazzattazk

- Parkdrive

- Bertha & Friends

- Syaharani & The QueenFire Works


Jazzy Stage

- Second Champion

- First Champion

- Zefa & Uncles

- KuLKuL

- Idang Rasyidi Quintet & His Choir

- Tompi

- Donny Suhendra Project

- Ireng Maulana & JakJazz Stars

- Luluk Purwanto & The Helsdingen Trio

- Benny Likumahua Jazz Connection

- Rieka Roslan

- Ruth Sahanaya

The whole event was GREAT!! It was sooo crowd.. I couldn’t even walk easily. Something that made me cry hard is that I had lost BALAWAN & TOMPI to watch!!! Fuckin damn it!! I arrived there at 5 pm, thinking that those two great bands would show up after noon, but I was wrong. Their performance was at 2 pm, performing on a different stage in the same time! (I’m sure many people were very confused whether they wanted to watch Balawan / Tompi, hehehe) and my friend – had arrived there since 12 pm – said that Tompi’s performance was better than Balawan...Uurrgghh…the hell, I still couldn’t watch them *sob*

As I arrived, Parkdrive was on stage… Watched them for a while, but then I started to thirst. So we (Me, Fitsa & Yoa) went to Bazaar to have cup of tea (Coffee for me, of course :p), met some friends, a little chat and laugh… Then suddenly a handsome guy came through me & said hello (latter I knew him as my ex crushed-guy, I didn’t recognize him at former coz I didn’t wear my glasses, hehehe)

After we pray on Magrib time, confusedness attacked us, “Okay friends... Which performance we’ll be watched? Bertha or Luluk? I like both actually…” Fitsa said. I directly said that I wanted to watch Bertha (She’s my dream vocal-teacher... Hiks, adore her voice so much!!). So then, we agreed to watch Bertha.

She brought her three-year-old daughter on stage. Oh God she was so adorable!! That little angel sang “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” with her two older sisters & Bertha herself. The audience couldn’t help not to adore that lovely little girl, every time she sang, people would just said, “Uuuhhh... so cute” or “Ooohhh…” we’re so entertained by her :))

Syaharani did an awesome job! She looked so sexy that nite (so did her voice ;p) She brought up up to 7 songs if I’m not mistaken… Because I didn’t watch her full performance. I – hurriedly – went to Jazzy Stage to watch Rieka Roslan (Of course! Who wanted to miss her performance??)

About Rieka’s performance that nite? No other words better than AMAZING… She looked so fresh, left her long-straight hair swinging – went along her body when she danced. She was so energetic (even when she had to bring about 8-9 up-beated songs). The quiet audience suddenly became wilder; dancing, singing along with her and applauding her.

The final performance at 11 pm was the Diva: Ruth Sahanaya. Dressed up sooo sexy (with a sexy tank top and a casual jeans), she greeted the audience that had been waiting for her all day. Her coolest performance was in the song “You’ve got a friend”. All people there sang along with her, all best friends held their arms together & sang it reverently (Uuhh... Sita, wish u were there Sis *sob*). And that’s all... Her performance was the last performance on Jazz Goes To Campus. The last show was fireworks… It was beautiful… (Felt like in Japan watching Monabi J)

Tired, but entertained… We went back to Fitsa’s dormitory at 12 am. Well, this is my first time watching JGTC after more than 4 years I’ve been studying at UI (hahaha…poor me!). I think it’s worth it (Especially coz I could talk again and switched phone number with that charming guy I ever had a crush on, hehehe). This show isn’t as big as JakJazz or International Jazz Festival, but the point is the JGTC’s Committee (the Economic students) has done their best to make this big show works and keeps this show continue to be an annual show. Two thumbs up for them J

- Goddess -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a good quality time with your friends and your favourite singers..

;)

Iwed Goddess said...

Yep! After a never-ending-bored feeling these lately days, I could hang out w/ my lovely friends & had some entertainment there. It's quite refreshing my mind.. ;)

Thanks friend..