Monday, December 17, 2012

[Review] Maybelline Matte Lipstick - No. 625.


Salam 'alaikum darlings,

Before reading this review, do not expect that you'll get a pro-class review kinda like, because seriously... I was a real amateur when it comes to cosmetics review. I'm not a make-up junkie though I love putting make-up on my face. This is suppose to be an informal review that's strongly based on personal likes and dislikes - ness. So here we go!

What I'm gonna review now is this lipstick I just bought from Maybelline. I've been searching for matte lipstick, bloody red one. Just because I wanna try it. I have lots of palette lipstick I just got so bored with them. So my colleague at work who's also a make-up artist - Monica - recommended me a matte lipstick from Revlon. I was about to hunt that thing till 3 days ago when I went lunch to Plaza Festival near my office.

There, there was a big sale of Matahari *as usual* but Revlon didn't open any counter. I just found Maybelline, Silkygirl and Wardah. Because I already have lots of Wardah lipsticks so I took a look at Maybelline counter and stumbled by this lipstick.

Price = 7,5
Affordable, it costs for IDR 70k only.

Packaging = 8
I honestly love the packaging because it represents the color the best. And one of my fave color as well >> Red as blood.



Color = 8
I chose the matte lipstick no. 625. I almost chose the 635 but the color is deeper and darker, not like what I was searching; a bloody red color. So this was my choice


Endurance = 7,5
I applied the lipstick on at 8 am and until 1 pm - precisely after I had lunch - the color of the lipstick was still precisely the same unless of course the inside part of the lips. It's a bit faded but not too much.

Effect on the lips = 8
I have a dry easy-to-chapped lips. I must apply a medicated lip-balm before applying a lipstick. But with this lipstick, I don't have to use any lip balm if I'm in hurry. I can just use it and my lips will be saved from getting chapped for almost 8 hours. For me, it's an awesomeness.

That's all I guess. All choice is yours. But if you're a matte-lipstick lover, this product is highly recommended ;)

Cheers!

Wassalam,
G.






2 comments:

Amelia said...

lipsticknya jatuhnya jadi cantik ka ke bibir, ga semerah perkiraan ku sih hehe kirain bakalan jadi merah seger gitu tp jadi rada kalem yah pas ke bibir.
btw packagingnya baguuuuusss ^^
http://ameliasweetcaramel.blogspot.com/

gothiciwed said...

@Amelia: Iyaaah, lipstick nya nyatu banget ke bibir jadi warnanya langsung berubah jadi "adem" (hehehe bisa gitu yak?). Beli siist, dijamin ngga nyesel ^^